Eclipse 102mm x 102mm Companion Fire Door Spring Hinge Electro Brass
- 102mm x 102mm size
- Electro brass finish
- Grade 304 stainless steel
- To suit doors 44 - 50mm thick
- To suit doors 40kg max. (using 3 hinges)
- Tested to BSEN 1634:2001
- Complete with fixings
- Sold individually (EACH)
The Eclipse 102mm x 102mm Companion Fire Door Spring Hinge Electro Brass is specifically a companion hinge to be used with single action spring hinges. Three hinges must be used on fire doors and in most situations the middle hinge can be an un-sprung companion hinge. If necessary the middle hinge can be a sprung hinge, which can be tensioned or left un-tensioned depending on the actual situation. The majority of installations will only need the top and bottom hinge tensioned, if in any doubt we suggest a trial door is hung before ordering any bulk quantity. They can be used on fire doors up to 1/2 hour rated. PLEASE NOTE - these companion hinges are sold individually and the spring hinges are sold in pairs.
This hinge is made from grade 304 stainless steel and has an electro brass finish.
It is available in the following size variations:
- 102mm x 102mm (single action spring hinge)
- 102mm x 76mm (single action spring hinge)
- 102mm x 76mm (companion hinge)
It is also available in the following finishes:
- Polished stainless steel
- Satin stainless steel
Some of these can be found in the related products.
Change to Building Regulations
As of 6th April 2007, it is no longer a building regulations requirement that a self closing device, such as a perco or spring hinges, be fitted to internal fire doors in dwellings. It has become the responsibility of the occupants to ensure that fire doors are closed at night. Closing devices are still required on flat entrance doors and garage doors leading into a dwelling. However, these closers now have to comply with BSEN 1154, which currently means they need to be overhead door closers.
If in any doubt, please discuss the matter with your Building Control Officer before commencing any work.
- Finish warranty: 5 Years
- Fixings: Fixing Screws Supplied (Pozi Drive Screws)
- Marks of conformity: Fire tested to BSEN 1634-1:2000
- Material: 304 Grade Stainless Steel
- Maximum Door Weight: 40Kg Uisng 3 Hinges
- Mechanical warranty: 5 Years in Commercial Situation
- Recommended Door Thickness: 44mm - 50mm doors